Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lady Butterfly

Butterflies in my stomach, you disturb me
I'm taking this test in which I did not review
Mean, median, standard dev, variance, z-scores
What the fudge is this percentile ranking I see?
If only I did not waste time crying last night
I could have avoided this regret I'm feeling
No way I'm gonna fail 'cause I'm a Math major
I know I studied this in the undergrad course
Come on butterflies, get out of my stomach
I have to finish this as I have to meet her
She texted me this morning asking to meet up
And I did not ignore for I have a reason
That lady was the reason I cried yesterday
The reason why I was not able to review

(Ivio, 2013)

2 comments:

  1. I love the "what the fudge is this percentile ranking I see?" One of the strongest lines in the poem. If this really is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that was worth 20 points. I lost 20 points :)) I tried using measurement in this composition, by twelve.

      Delete